Tushar Sabale is an Indian born, British artist based in London.
He is an elected Candidate member of ‘ The Wapping Group of Artists’ since February 2022.
He has exhibited his works in Mall Galleries for the Federation of British Artists at The NEAC ( New English Art Club) and RSMA (Royal Society of Marine Artists).
He is also the co-founder of ‘ The London Plein Air’ group.
Tushar mainly paints plein air in oil colours but occasionally enjoys painting objects and has transitioned from painting portraits to landscapes in recent years.
He places his work between Impressionism and Realism with some Luminist touches.
Tushar grew up in the Indian suburbs surrounded by lush green farms and vineyards. He was taught the basics of art under his guru and art professor, Girish Sahadeo, but also gained a lot of his knowledge through independent study and practice. His artistic talent became evident in the very early years of his life. Annual summer vacations at his grandparent’s countryside home were very inspiring to the young artist who spent most of his time drawing and sketching the scenery, always managing to capture the rustic allure of the Indian countryside.
At the age of just 12 years old, Tushar won first prize and a National Award in a Drawing Competition amongst 1 million students who participated that year across the whole of India.
A year before that at the age of 11, he was amongst the top 2 winners in a similar national level painting competition and has continued to win many state, national and international awards for his paintings.
His passion in the field of art led him to choose Architecture at university. After completing his Bachelor’s degree, he decided to further explore art in the field of Design and thereafter undertook a Master’s Degree course wherein he studied Product Design, from one of the leading institutes in India, The Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi.
Tushar embarked on his professional career as a Creative Designer, designing watches for multinational brands like Timex as also other such companies. His move to London in 2006 saw him working for a design patent company that helped aspiring designers to conceptualise their ideas into working products. His experience also includes designing pieces for Hollywood movies while as a designer for a high-end jewellery brand.
Even with his professional success as a designer, there was something Tushar had ignored which was his innate need to paint. After few years of sabbatical, he rekindled his love affair and went back to his canvases and paintbrushes and has not looked back since.
After being a weekend painter for years Tushar now paints full time.
Tushar Sabale paints at Live events and weddings. For more information, bookings and pricing please visit the FAQ page on the above tabs and scroll through to read.
LONDON PLEIN AIR GROUP:
Tushar Sabale is a co-founder of ‘London Plein Air Group’. In Summer of 2021, he along with Carol Owen founded a group which has more than 100 members, who come together once a month to paint Plein Air in the city of London. The idea is to encourage, support and form a friendly Plein air community for artists to paint together.
Tushar Sabale is represented by some of the very well known galleries in the country like the Adrian Hill Fine Art gallery, Stamford, Russell gallery in Putney where he exhibits regularly in the Annual shows. Tushar has been an invited artist at The Gallery, in Holt and represented in their shows. He is also represented by Wychwood gallery in Cotsworld.
LANDSCAPE ARTIST OF THE YEAR, Series 8- SKY Arts:
Tushar appeared on ‘ Landscape Artist of the Year’- Series 8 as one of the Pod artists that was aired on Sky Arts on 8 February 2023 filmed at Royal Ascot.
– Surrey Hills Plein Air Painters Group Show, Denbies Wine Estate, Surrey– January 2023
– Christmas Show at Russell Gallery, Putney, London-December 2022.
– ‘Best of British 2.0’ show, Invited artist at The Gallery, Holt, Norfolk– November 2022
– Broadway Art Festival, Annual Show at Broadway Museum and Art gallery – Cotswold– October 2022
– Royal Society of Marine Artists (RSMA), Mall Galleries, London– September 2022
-Oxford Art Society, Annual Exhibition, Oxford August 2022
– Group show at ‘Paintout Norfolk 2022’, Norfolk -July 2022
– Chelsea Art Society 73rd Annual Exhibition, London– June 2022
– New English Art Club Annual Exhibition (NEAC), Mall Galleries, London– June 2022
– Mixed Show ‘ Alfresco’, Invited artist at The Gallery, Holt, Norfolk– June 2022
– Prize winner at ‘The Great Broadway Paint-Off Challenge’ at Broadway Arts Festival in Cotswold (2022)
– Mixed Summer Show at Russell Gallery, Putney, London-June 2022.
– Mixed Show at Lifford Hall, Broadway, Cotswold-May 2022. Awarded 4th prize.
– ‘Winter To Spring’- show at Highgate Contemporary Art Gallery, London– February 2022.
– Mixed Christmas Show at Russell Gallery, Putney, London-December 2021.
– ‘Postcard Exhibition’- show at Highgate Contemporary Art Gallery, London– November 2021.
– Mixed Summer Show at Russell Gallery, Putney, London-July 2021.
– Group show at ‘Paintout Norfolk 2021’, Norfolk -July 2021
– Prize Winner at ‘The Great Broadway Paint-Off Challenge’ at Broadway Arts Festival in Cotswold (2021)
– Broadway Art Festival, Annual Show (2021)- Cotswold.- June 2021
– Mixed Summer Show at Russell Gallery, Putney, London-July 2020.
– Mixed Christmas Show at Russell Gallery, Putney, London-December 2019.
– Mixed Christmas Show at Russell Gallery, Putney, London-December 2018.
-Solo Exhibition ‘Chiaroscuro’ at Nehru centre, Indian High Commission, Mayfair London– June 2018.
-‘Tricks of Light’ at Riverside gallery, Old Town Hall, Richmond, London– December 2017.
– ‘Nature and Objects staged’ at Riverside Gallery, Old Town Hall, Richmond, London– January 2015.
-Solo Exhibition ‘Sum of Impressions’ at Nehru centre, Mayfair London– July 2013.